Monday, September 20, 2010

Value

Add 5 times the value people expect of you!

Since I have consciously decided to add more value to my business partners and clients, I have been using the word "value" more and more often. Similar to buying a new car, you'll notice that car everywhere on the road; I have noticed a lot of people saying they add value. But what does it mean? What is good value?

I believe good value is receiving more than what you expect. In an economic recovery, where competition is fierce and peoples expectations are changing, you need to add 5 times the value they expect. What do you expect from your financial planner, Realtor, mortgage broker; what do you expect from yourself? We all know, for the most part, what these named professionals "do", but are we adding value? If value is a personal expectation, then the perception of value is different for each individual. How does anyone insure we are always adding value then? We need to hold ourselves to OUR high level of expectations, which should be 5 times greater than what a regular (non-industry) person would expect.

Ok, how do I add even more value? Education!

If you can tell someone something profound or new or different, that changes their perspective and educates them, that is adding value. I believe in spending time with my clients, sharing my perspective on the mortgage industry and educating them. You can spend more time educating co-workers, staff, clients, friends or family. They will appreciate your time and information. Best of all... money is attracted to value!

Regards,

Chad
403-809-5447
chad@boomerangfinancial.com
yycmortgage.com
Twitter
FB Page

No comments:

Post a Comment